Re: Ontologies for real estate?

I am working (already pretty much done) on an ontology for real estate
that complements GoodRelations. There is no harm if anyone else
defines his / her own one, but since offer and demand for real estate
is a huge usecase, I kindly ask you to try to make your vocabulary
GoodRelations-compatible so that one can use GR for the commercial part.

The design rules for doing so are here:

http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/Own_GoodRelations_Vocabularies

Best

Martin

On 17.01.2011, at 21:34, Sampo Syreeni wrote:

> On 2011-01-14, AzamatAbdoullaev wrote:
>
>> As a general introduction, see B. Smith's "The Metaphysics of Real
>> Estate", [...]
>
> I'd rather say, go with the very basics of it and brew your own. No
> common ontology for that exists. Existing geolocation vocabularies
> can be used for where things *are*. Streets and thoroughfares can be
> inferred from them when properly tagged. So can houses, given their
> geometry. Then, just tag them with their zoning status, current
> esimated/real value, and their "content" as a housing unit. The last
> part requires you to put up yet another vocabulary -- but it's dead
> simple in the Semantic Web. Just Do It. ;)
> --
> Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - decoy@iki.fi, http://decoy.iki.fi/front
> +358-50-5756111, 025E D175 ABE5 027C 9494 EEB0 E090 8BA9 0509 85C2

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen

e-mail:  hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org