Re: Unicode Character Database in RDF?

From: Gerard de Melo <gdemelo@mpi-inf.mpg.de>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 11:56:01 +0100
To: Felix Sasaki <felix.sasaki@fh-potsdam.de>
CC: Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>, Sampo Syreeni <decoy@iki.fi>, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, Shane Norris <norlesh@gmail.com>, W3C Semantic Web IG <semantic-web@w3.org>
Hello Shane and others,
>> Unless I miss something, Unicode characters as linked data have been
>> published for quite a while by Gerard de Melo (in cc) at http://lexvo.org
>> See e.g., http://lexvo.org/id/char/5A34
>>

> If I understand the request from Shane right, he focuses not on Unicode
> characters, but the Unicode character database. The latter has a lot of
> information e.g. about character properties available (see
> http://unicode.org/cldr/utility/properties.jsp ) which is not incooperated
> into lexvo.org

As the maintainer of Lexvo.org, I could easily add a few additional
character properties to the Lexvo ontology and RDF dump based
on the particular use cases you are interested in. So far, I have
tried to avoid creating a 1:1 mapping of all properties to predicates.

Best regards,
Gerard

--
Gerard de Melo [demelo@mpi-inf.mpg.de]