Re: Fwd: Looking for the right RDF store(s)

On 25/02/11 13:23, Mark Wallace wrote:
> The license agreement link seems to say that SwiftTREE is free to use
> and re-distribute as part of SwiftOWLIM:
>
>     "SwiftTRREE is licensed for use free of charge as an integral part
>     of SwiftOWLIM. Re-distribution of SwiftTRREE in any form, except as
>     part of the original SwiftOWLIM distribution package, is strictly f
>     forbidden. "
>
> I understand this to mean that you can even provide SwiftOWLIM as part
> of a distribution to a customer.
>
> Mark Wallace

Yes, but when Markus used the term "free software" I took him to mean
[1] and not the "free beer" [2] sense.

If SwiftOWLIM requires SwiftTRREE it wouldn't be free. Err, free [1] :-)

Apologies to Markus if I misunderstood his initial request.

Damian

[1] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_software>
[2]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gratis_versus_Libre#.22Free_beer.22_vs_.22free_speech.22_distinction>