Re: IUCN Red List and national Red Lists in RDF

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 13:52:24 +0100
Cc: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>, Olexandr Bobko <haidamaka@ukr.net>
To: Yury Katkov <katkov.juriy@gmail.com>
Hi Yury,

On 1 Dec 2011, at 11:44, Yury Katkov wrote:
> Another question is about species themselves: have anybody seen the
> information about species distribution in structured or
> semi-structured forms? In other words the information about where the
> animals and plants live. I know only Geospecies are there more
> datasources?

There's also EUNIS:
http://eunis.eea.europa.eu/

See here for an example species:
http://eunis.eea.europa.eu/species/1389

Geographical distribution:
http://eunis.eea.europa.eu/species/1389/countries

RDF:
http://eunis.eea.europa.eu/species/1389/rdf

It contains eunis:isExpectedIn triples that point to “sites” such as this one:
http://eunis.eea.europa.eu/sites/DE5717301/rdf

Links to DBpedia and Geonames too.

The site is operated by the European Environmental Agency and covers the EU member states.

Best,
Richard