Re: rdfa vs. links

The best reason I've seen to use RDFa was demonstrated at a W3C plenary meeting at MIT several years ago:
With RDFa, when a user cuts and pastes visible HTML content, they also get the RDFa that is exactly associated with that
content.  There is a demo of a Javascript page that can receive the paste and display the RDFa nicely.

Hard to see how that would work, especially with a typical web browser engine, with linked RDF information for the page.  For
user selection, you'd have to have a whole parallel system which, at the limit, would have to reproduce just about what you have
with a web display engine.

That doesn't mean that all of the related RDF has to be on the page, but at least enough to link semantically to the rest would
be nice.

sdw

--
Stephen D. Williams sdw@lig.net stephendwilliams@gmail.com LinkedIn: http://sdw.st/in