Re: using SKOS for controlled values for controlled vocabulary

From: William Waites <ww@styx.org>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2010 20:12:29 +0100
To: "Laskey, Ken" <klaskey@mitre.org>
CC: "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>
On 10-10-09 18:09, Laskey, Ken wrote:

> What I am missing is how to say a given description
> element in one controlled vocabulary, e.g. a SKOS Concept
> Scheme, can be constrained to a list of values, e.g. a
> SKOS Collection.  I was considering rdfs:range but Iím not
> sure that is applicable.

What about making a subclass of skos:Concept for the
concepts in your controlled vocabulary and then making
rdfs:range be that subclass? You wouldn't have to use
skos:Collection at all.

So,

  eg:Colour rdfs:subClassOf skos:Concept .
  eg:colour a owl:ObjectProperty ;
      rdfs:range eg:Colour .

  eg:red a eg:Colour ;
      skos:notation "red" .