Re: overstock.com adds GoodRelations in RDFa to 900,000 item pages

These things that bug you do so with good reason.  I often call it semantic
infidelity. For an in depth discussion of a closely related issue see:
Overloading
OWL sameAs<http://ontologydesignpatterns.org/wiki/Community:Overloading_OWL_sameAs>A
summary is given below.

Michael

*Issue: *owl:sameAs is being used in the linked data community in a way that
is inconsistent with its semantics.

*Source*: Numerous, this issue has been discussed over and over on various
lists. The summary so far is mainly based on a discussion that was
originally about the proliferation of URIs and managing co-reference, and
evolved into a discussion about owl:sameAs *per se*.

   - W3C Semantic Web List<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/>:
   Managing Co-reference (Was: A Semantic
Elephant?)<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2008May/0126.html>May
2008