Re: Open Access / Semantic Web / Linked Data

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 4:22 AM, Philipp Cimiano <
cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:

> All,
>
>  I am interested in how we can use semantic web technology  or the paradigm
> of linked data to support open access to research results (including but not
> restricted to accessing the publication itself).
>
> I know there is ongoing work in this direction (especially in the UK), but
> would be happy to get pointers on:
>
> 1) Open Access Repositories using SW technology (RDF etc.)

You might have a look at the Neurocommons.
http://neurocommons.org/page/RDF_distribution

> 2) Approaches using Linked Data to support open access

We're all about that :)
http://sciencecommons.org/projects/data/

> 3) Ontologies or vocabularies for publishing metadata about articles (in
> particular experimental procedures etc.)

Here you might check out OBI, the Ontology of Biomedical Investigations.
http://obi-ontology.org/

Happy to talk about this directly if you would like some time.

Best,
Alan
http://sciencecommons.org/about/whoweare/ruttenberg/