Re: An idea I need help with, or told to stop wasting time on!

Reto Bachmann-Gmuer wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 9:44 PM, Nathan <nathan@webr3.org> wrote:
>
>> so are we saying that all of these express the same:
>>
>> :me foaf:name 'nathan'^^xsd:string .
>>
>> :me foaf:name [
>>   rdf:value 'nathan'^^xsd:string .
>> ] .
>>
> I find it hard to communicate using a term that "has no meaning on its own"
> (accoring to: http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_value)
>
>> :me foaf:name :myname .
>> :myname rdf:value 'nathan'^^xsd:string .
>>
> meaningless rdf:value again

Anything stopping me creating an ex:value which does have a strong
meaning and definition where in usage both of the following express the
same:

:me foaf:name 'nathan'^^xsd:string .

:me foaf:name [ ex:value 'nathan'^^xsd:string ] .

or does a property with this meaning exist (?) / any input on just how
one would define this with rdfs/owl

Best,

Nathan