Re: Updated Semantic Web Interest Group page

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Mischa Tuffield <mmt04r@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> I wonder why the main interest page :
>
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/interest/
>
> links to :
>
> http://esw.w3.org/RdfAndSql
>
> under the heading of Relational Databases and RDF. It comes across a bit limiting, I would suggest a link to a page like "RDF and SPARQL" which could include all of the technologies linked to on the RdfAndSql page, along with other non-SQL based solutions to storing and querying RDF.

I think Tim added that link, so not sure the exact thinking there, but
the emphasis seems to be more about bridging to existing tech than on
W3C RDF querying (which deserves some links too, admittedly... going
back to QL'98 at least :)

> Off the top of my head, stuff like Neo4j or 4store (excuse plug) (i.e. non-SQL based RDF storage solutions), and stuff like RAP, RDFLIB, and so on... Perhaps a page like : http://esw.w3.org/SparqlImplementations would make more sense?

I've linked that too! Also added a brief section on LOD / Linked Data,

cheers,

Dan