Re: LinkedData DI updated to include N3

Nathan wrote:
> fyi: TimBL has just updated
> http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html to now read:
>
> 3- 'When someone looks up a URI, provide useful information, using the
> standards (RDF*, SPARQL)'
>
> .. 'The basic format here for RDF/XML, with its popular alternative
> serialization N3 (or Turtle).'
>
> To clarify that N3's good for Linked Data

Hmm.

Why not:
'When someone looks up a URI, provide useful information, leveraging
standards (e.g., RDF*, SPARQL etc.)'

OR

'When someone looks up a URI, provide useful information, using
standards (e.g., RDF*, SPARQL etc.)'

Methinks the tweak above makes Linked Data more inclusive and less
confusing.

We really need the wisdom of Solomon here, really :-)

Why do we need RDF inextricably bound to Linked Data? There's no upside
to such binding. Lots of downside courtesy of confusion by conflation etc..

Kingsley

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen