Re: Show me the money - (was Subjects as Literals)

Toby Inkster wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 13:05:54 -0400
> Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>

>> W3C only officially acknowledges RDF/XML as Markup Language for RDF
>> Data Model.
>>

> I hear this time and time again, but it is not true anymore.
>
> XHTML+RDFa 1.0 became a W3C Recommendation in October 2008. It has the
> same publication status as RDF/XML.

You know that and so do I. We aren't the audience with the understanding
etc..
> (And as it happens, XHTML+RDFa 1.0 is capable of representing a larger
> subset of the RDF data model than RDF/XML is, as it uses CURIEs rather
> than QNames. CURIEs are capable of expressing predicate URIs such as
> <http://example.com/1> which cannot be expressed as QNames.)

I am sure you know you are preaching to a believer on this one :-)

My critical concern and gripe is that RDF/XML continues to be a source
of confusion re. RDF and Linked Data.

Some interesting links from prior discussions about RDF/XML and RDF problem:

1. https://gist.github.com/221494/e19ca02a9b5a613705d9160ecb49784c67559898
2. http://bnode.org/media/2009/07/08/semantic_web_technology_stack.png
-- great visualization for talking about RDF (its role is crystal clear
with zero conflation or RDF/XML overhang ) .

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
President & CEO