Re: Processing RDF in XML/XSLT workflows

From: Bob DuCharme <bob@snee.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 09:31:59 -0400
To: Johan De Smedt <johan.de-smedt@tenforce.com>
CC: semantic-web@w3.org
 >Johan De Smedt wrote:

>- Find a way how to navigate an RDF graph from within XSLT

I understand better now what you want to do, but I'm not sure why. I'm
certainly a big fan of XSLT[1], and co-workers have accused me of
treating too much like a nail with that as my hammer, but for navigation
and manipulation of triples, I find it simplest to implement all that
logic in SPARQL, and then to hand it off to XSLT via SPARQL query
results format to perform the tasks that XSLT is best at. It sounds like
you want to move the data from a SPARQL query engine to an XSLT
processor earlier than I would, or do you want to just take the SPARQL
query engine out of the pipeline?

Bob

[1] http://www.snee.com/bob/xsltquickly