Re: Processing RDF in XML/XSLT workflows

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Bob DuCharme <bob@snee.com> wrote:
> Hi Johan,
>
>>SPARQL result xml is not a full solution because it is limited to ASK and
>> SELECT queries.
>
> Can you give me some examples of a need to process RDF with XSLT where the
> results of a SELECT query were inappropriate?

I confess that I've been wondering the same myself.

For any given RDF, a SPARQL result can contain all the information, or
any desired subset, often in a more convenient form.  For instance, an
RDF document can have the subjects and predicates in any order, but a
SPARQL result can order everything to creating groupings that would
make subjects and predicates easier to deal with:
  SELECT ?s ?p ?o FROM <graph:uri> WHERE { ?s ?p ?o } ORDER BY ?s ?p ?o

Sure, the elements aren't nested, but everything is there, and it's
completely deterministic.

Regards,
Paul