Re: When do I plant my tomatoes? Re: call to arms

On 18 Apr 2010, at 00:31, Karl Dubost wrote:

> Le 18 avr. 2010 à 03:47, Danny Ayers a écrit :
>> when do I plant my tomatoes? is much more in scope
>> we have the raw data I'm sure, perhaps even linked. but I still
>> cannot
>> sit down and get an answer to such questions without a huge amount of
>> human heuristics. I expect better from the technology
>
> what about this
> http://www.flickr.com/search/?s=rec&ss=2&mt=all&adv=1&w=all&q=tomato+garden+italy&m=text
>
> It's not exactly structured, but that would be possible to make it a
> bit better. Social networks capture what people do in some areas of
> the world.
>
> For example, I'm pretty sure it would be possible to track the
> progress of cherry blossoms through the seasons depending on the
> latitude in Japan.
> http://www.jma.go.jp/jma/en/News/sakura2009.html

related, I think.

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/nature-online/british-natural-history/tree-survey/index.html

Roger

> Not many gardeners in the south of France ;)
> http://search.twitter.com/search?q=+plantations+near%3A%22Nice%2C+France%22+within%3A100km
>
> twitter annotation feature could help in the future.
>
> The other solutions is to pimp above the fence of someone else :)
>

> --
> Karl Dubost
> Montréal, QC, Canada
> http://www.la-grange.net/karl/

 Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Limited
 Hayes Park Central, Hayes End Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 8FE
 Registered No. 4153469

 This e-mail and any attachments are for the sole use of addressee(s) and
 may contain information which is privileged and confidential. Unauthorised
 use or copying for disclosure is strictly prohibited. The fact that this
 e-mail has been scanned by Trendmicro Interscan does not guarantee that
 it has not been intercepted or amended nor that it is virus-free.