Re: connections

Hi,

Sorry, you cannot disprove a hypothesis by stating (or even proving) another one.
Yes, I know the consumption of Linked Data systems is not great, and that is at least a problem.
And I realise that the topic is consumption, which is great, and the most important challenge at the moment.

But this statement of faith that the data is there, good, and fit for purpose (I am an engineer) needs to be backed up with some hard evidence.
Until it is being used, you actually can’t tell.
So yes, we need tools to consume, and that will disprove (hopefully) the idea that the data is not fit for purpose.
(Danny says in the next post “we have the raw data I'm sure” - is he right? Does anyone actually know?)

However, I have to say that my experience, of our systems which consume a lot of Linked Data from the unbounded Web of Data, suggests that a lot of it is not fit for purpose; for example, try following links across the LOD cloud and see how far you get in a reliable fashion.

Best
Hugh