Re: Public SPARQL endpoints for generic usage

From: Stephane Corlosquet <scorlosquet@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 08:54:17 -0400
To: semantic-web@w3.org
Hi all,

I was playing around with the beginnings of a service.

> http://sparql.me/queries.php
>
> This allows you to submit a sparql query and get back the results.  If
> you're logged in (currently need foaf+ssl) you can persist your queries.  It
> was more a chance to build up a library of interesting queries for my own
> education than anything else, but I could possibly use it a controlled API
> for proxying queries.
>
> Similarly in FOAF+SSL we need to obtain the public key from a WebID, so i
> built a simple service to do this (eventually it will have caching for
> better speed) here:
>
> http://publickey.info/
>
> nice and nice! (though Henry Story's link does not work). I like the idea
of caching results, which would work for common queries like extracting
classes and properties from FOAF, SIOC, etc.

Re ARC2 todo list and RAP, I agree this issue will eventually get solved in
PHP, but what I'm more interested in is a generic answer to the generic
situation where there is no way to run SPARQL locally. Imagine running
rasqal on your phone... Has anyone tried?

I should have mentioned triplr <http://triplr.org/> as another public SPARQL
endpoint.

I guess as long as nobody's complaining we can just keep using these public
endpoints... :)

Steph.