Re: RDF file statistics

Dear Alisdair,

that's great! Do you use this stats for clustered TDB query
optimization? Will you opensource the code? It would be nice to
experiment with that and reuse your stats for estimating expected
triple pattern cardinalities.

Regards,
AndyL

On Sep 28, 2009, at 6:33 PM, Alisdair Owens wrote:

> [apologies if this ends up as a double post.  I sent out this
> message a couple of days ago but it doesn't seem to have shown up in
> the mailing list, so resending]
>
> Hi there,
>
> During the course of my PhD work I've been working on a tool to
> produce stats about RDF files that I thought you guys might find
> interesting/useful.  You can see some example datasets at: http://www.zaltys.net/examineRDF/
>  . It's mostly designed for RDF store creators/maintainers, to
> validate (or challenge :-) ) their assumptions about the structure
> and characteristics of common RDF datasets, and identify unusual
> edge cases that may result in abnormal behaviour.  Hopefully it will
> also be useful for identifying flaws in the realism of automatic
> data generators, and allow people to better tune adaptive data
> structures in their stores.
>
> I'm aware that the clarity and explanation of the graphs could be
> rather better, but I find myself struggling to find the right words
> at the moment.  If you have any suggestions for improving this (or
> the output as a whole) I'd really appreciate it!
>
> Thanks,
> -Alisdair

http://www.langegger.at
Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Andreas Langegger
FAW - Institute for Application-oriented Knowledge Processing
Johannes Kepler University Linz
A-4040 Linz, Altenberger Straße 69