Re: tools & infrastructure - what do you use?

Framework: http://marinemetadata.org/semanticframeworkconcept

This proposal describe how the earth science community can bootstrap
from almost no documented controlled vocabularies, to a rich,
archived, interoperable collection of terms, definitions, and
associated metadata, leveraging semantic web tools and concepts.

Tools: http://mmisw.org/orr

The MMI Ontology Registry and Repository, leveraging tools from
Stanford's BioPortal project, makes it easy to translate vocabularies
from simple text formats to a semantic web format. It converts the
text to RDF, registers it in an ontology repository, and serves
information about each term in a browser (by resolving the unique URI
for that term).

john

On Sep 23, 2009, at 3:39 AM, Danny Ayers wrote:

> I've a write-up to do on semweb tools & infrastructure, so would be
> very grateful for any pointers and/or opinions on the matter. I
> suspect I'm only aware of maybe 50% of the stuff that's out there
> these days (it growed :) so need many blanks filling in.
>
> Please feel free to plug your own/your company's product in this
> thread - give me a neat sentence & I'll quote you verbatim.
>
> If anyone has level of usage stats on relevant tools & infrastructure,
> there's a big kiss with your name on it.
>
> Cheers,
> Danny.
>
> --
> http://danny.ayers.name