Re: modelling issue?

On the other hand:

a.  if the issue *had* caused resolution conflicts (or any other
problems, for that matter) for anyone, then it seems likely it would
have been investigated doesn't it?  After all, "querying large
heterogeneous datasets" isn't exactly a new problem, at least in the
context of relational databases.

b. it seems pretty unlikely there will be clearcut answers if there
aren't clearcut (or at least clearer-cut) questions :-)  Perhaps we
could work on that end a bit more...

--Frank