Re: Covering Axiom Question

Hi Toby

Just read your answer when sending mine. Good news is that we agree :)
Not sure, though, how it's linked to the open world assumption. Clearly, in
an open world, another triple might provide tomorrow the information that
:Bob is actually a Monkey (in your vastly simplified biology).
But you can also live in the closed world of your current triple store with
the fact that :Bob is either a Human or a Monkey, never decide which, and
nevertheless derive facts like :Bob is a Mammal, has a birthdate, whatever.

Bernard

--
Bernard Vatant
Senior Consultant