Re: RDF file statistics

Hi AndyL,
At the moment this is just for static dataset analysis: I wanted to be able
to find out some basic stats about datasets that run into the billions (or
trillions, if such a dataset exists) of triples, and realised that
extracting that information from an RDF store would be a really slow task.
 I doubt this would be especially useful as a stats generation tool for a
standalone RDF store, although it might be.  I don't know how long
comprehensive stats generation for query optimisation typically takes in an
RDF store: if it's longer than a couple of hours per billion triples, then
this might be helpful :-).  It does have the potential to be made
substantially quicker: I haven't multithreaded it yet, as I haven't really
had the need, but it would parallelise easily.

As for open-sourcing the code, I'm more than happy to share with anyone -
just email me and I'll send it off to you.  It would be nice to know what
people would use it for (just out of curiosity :-) ).  In terms of making an
actual release, I'd like to tidy up the code rather, and have more of a
'finished product' before I do that - hence my sending it off to this list
for suggestions!

-Alisdair