Re: bootstrapping decentralized sparql

Sandro Hawke wrote:
> I agree it'd be nice, but I don't see how the market/social forces could
> be set up to make that work.
>
> How would you decide which trackers would be authoritative for which
> keywords or which data sources?  I don't see a good way to divide the
> problem space and make the system scale, with the right incentives on
> the right players.

if a tracker already provides an index on classes and properties,
a keyword index is a small overhead (especially with highly
optimised keyword indices such as Lucene).  The trick is to
find the sweet spot between indexing overhead and benefit
I guess.

Deciding which keyword query to send to which tracker is
tricky.  If trackers link to other trackers, keyword queries
could be routed along these links, but that wouldn't
guarantee web-wide completeness.

For smaller communities of users that maintain networks of
trackers the approach might be reasonably complete though.

Regards,
Andreas.