Re: bootstrapping decentralized sparql

> On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 11:14:49PM -0400, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> > The result here will be that a query for a foaf:Person with a
> > foaf:firstName of "Sandro" can be *complete*, at least across all graphs
> > which choose to register themselves as having data about instances of
> > the foaf:Person class and triples using the foaf:firstName property.
>
> I like the idea to put more intelligence into the web infrastructure.
> It'd be great if the trackers include keyword search functionality as
> well.  Keyword search is a very useful starting point for querying,
> especially if users don't (yet) know the schema the data is expressed in.

I agree it'd be nice, but I don't see how the market/social forces could
be set up to make that work.

How would you decide which trackers would be authoritative for which
keywords or which data sources?  I don't see a good way to divide the
problem space and make the system scale, with the right incentives on
the right players.

(Interestingly, if you can come up with one, that's one fewer reason to
use HTTP URIs for symbols.)

    -- Sandro