RE: Vocabularies for content keyword classification?

> From: Peter Krantz
>
> Hi!
>
> I am in a government project where we are implementing RDF as a format
> for legal information meta data from close to a hundred government
> organizations. One ambition is to preserve the unstructured content
> classification that many of these documents have today. Typically a
> document has one or more keywords entered at the time of creation.
> These are not from a controlled vocabulary and can be viewed more like
> "tagging".
>
> Since I am a beginner in the semweb field I would be grateful
> for your ideas.
>
> 1. What vocabularies have you used to define a single free text
> keyword? We'd rather use an existing term instead of inventing our
> own.
>
> 2. For those organizations that have made an effort to structure their
> list of keywords, what would you advise them use to make it easy for
> them to publish it online and make references instead of free text
> keywords in their document metadata?
>
> Thanking you in advance,
>
> Peter Krantz

Would WordNet help?
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WordNet

David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
+1 617 629 8881 office  |  dbooth@hp.com
http://www.hp.com/go/software

Statements made herein represent the views of the author and do not necessarily represent the official views of HP unless explicitly so stated.