Re: Soliciting (more) favorite SPARQL queries

Lee Feigenbaum wrote:
> Last summer I asked around to gather favorite SPARQL queries to help
> me put together a SPARQL By Example tutorial/presentation. The only
> criterion was that the queries need to be runnable on the Web today.
> (i.e., no theoretic queries and no queries that rely on private data
> sets)
>
> A bunch of people responded with some great queries, and the result
> was the set of slides at [1].
>
> I'll be giving a version of this talk as a tutorial at SemTech in a
> couple of weeks, and in preparation for that I'm going through and
> updating some of the queries[2], adding some more ones, etc. To that
> end, I wanted to turn to the community once again to ask if people
> have any new, interesting SPARQL queries or SPARQL'able data sets that
> they might care to share.
>
> I welcome simple queries or complex queries, as well as interesting
> data sets with SPARQL endpoints, even without specific queries. Of
> course, I'll be contributing the results back to the community for
> others to (hopefully) benefit from.
>
> In addition to queries that use only standard SPARQL, I'm also
> interested in queries that use implementation-specific extensions,
> particularly if they involve capabilities that the SPARQL 2 Working
> Group is working to standardize[3].
>
> thanks very much!
> Lee
>
> [1] http://www.cambridgesemantics.com/2008/09/sparql-by-example/
>
> [2] Somehow a query about Senators McCain and Obama's voting records
> seems a bit less relevant now.
>
> [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/FeatureProposal

Lee,

See:

1. http://delicious.com/kidehen/virtuoso_sparql_tutorial - a collection
of SPARQL queries (3 part series from basic to advanced with extensions)
2. http://lod.openlinksw.com/b3s/ - short cut to some of the advanced
and extension queries showcased at last year Billion Triples Challenge.

Endpoint: http://lod.openlinksw.com/sparql  (over 4.5 Billion Triples at
your disposal and counting).
Note, whenever you get an incomplete result set by way of error (e.g.
some of the Billion Triples queries, simply re-query as this is the
Anytime Query Feature in action).

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen       Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen