Re: Recipe for Shops: Showing up in Yahoo and in the Web of Data in One Turn

On 23.07.2009 10:47:04, Martin Hepp (UniBW) wrote:
>Note that I would rather omit the vcard:Vcard type from the Yahoo
>patterns and plainly attach the vcard:adr to the gr:BusinessEntity. If a
>reasoner infers from that that this is also a vcard:Vcard instance, that
>is a lesser issue, in particular if the domain in the ontology spec will
>change soon, anyway.
I didn't know there was activity around the vcard spec again, good
to hear that.

>>> I think that at least such basic RDFa support will soon be a mandatory
>>> feature for any CMS on the market.
>>>
>> Yes, probably. At least for some time ;)
>>

>What would follow then?
If only we knew. I don't think RDFa is going to be the last candidate
for RDF-in-HTML. Sites may well switch if someone comes up with a
simpler solution that does the job sufficiently well as is easier to
validate. HTML5-compliance may be a more important selling proposition
for CMS vendors than RDFa conformance. I personally tend towards HTML5
for my own CMS right now, despite being an RDFer. I still have to look
at microdata in more detail, but from a front-end developer's POV, it
feels a lot more intuitive so far (which, of course, is just a personal
opinion).

Cheers,
Benji

--