Re: .htaccess a major bottleneck to Semantic Web adoption / Was: Re: RDFa vs RDF/XML and content negotiation

Note that I managed to have extension-less script run.

Recipe 2
--------

(advantage over the 'index.php' recipe: works with slash based
namespaces; disadvantage: 2 more lines in the .htaccess ;)

what you need is the following directive in .htaccess
(which is allowed by my webmaster)

   <Files myvoc>
     SetHandler application/x-httpd-php
   </Files>

(where myvoc is the name of your PHP file)

For CGI (resp. WSGI) scripts, replace "application/x-httpd-php" by
"cgi-script" (resp. "wsgi-script").

so with the following layout

   .../mydir/.htaccess
   .../mydir/myvoc (Toby's php script)
   .../mydir/myvoc.html
   .../mydir/myvoc.rdf

you would have the URI http://example.com/mydir/myvoc correctly
redirecting to the appropriate representation.

Of course, you can have several vocabularies living in the same
directory, all you need to do is add several <Files> directives to the
.htaccess.

   pa

PS: any IIS user volunteering to translate those recipies to IIS
configuration?