Re: .htaccess a major bottleneck to Semantic Web adoption / Was: Re: RDFa vs RDF/XML and content negotiation

On 5 Jul 2009, at 01:52, Pierre-Antoine Champin wrote:

> I guess a PHP version would not even require that .htaccess, but
> sorry, I'm not fluent in PHP ;)

The situation with PHP should be much the same, though I suppose web
hosts might be more likely to set index.php in the DirectoryIndex as
a default.

Anyway, I've done a quick port of your code to PHP. (I stripped out
your connection negotiation code and replaced it with my own, as I
figured out it would be faster to paste in the ConNeg class I'm
familiar with rather than do line-by-line porting of the Python to
PHP.) Here it is, same license - LGPL 3.

We should start a repository somewhere of useful code for serving
linked data.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>