Re: [ontolog-forum] [uk-government-data-developers] OMG Issues RFP for Linking Architectures & Models with RDF Linked Open Data

On Dec 19, 2009, at 4:07 AM, Paola Di Maio wrote:
> Jim
>
> as an external long term observer of RDF and OWL developments, from where I stand it looks to me that people have been kicking around screaming about certain hydiosyncrasies of sw standards representations since they have been released.
>
> I am glad that they have finally surfaced and that have been picked up in recent keynote addresses, but there has been a lot of pressure to get people to admit there was something wrong in the first place
>
> It is great to hear sincerity in the keynote - but it is not Pat that has 'issued a call' - he merely echoing what the rest of the world has been up in arms about and aventually gave in and admitted it (very kind of ISWC to give him a keynote slot to make what is a grand apology in disguise)

This is not only an unwarranted insult, it is surpassingly ignorant.  You obviously have no idea what Pat's views are and no idea of the history of his involvement with OWL and RDF.  In point of fact, Pat has been saying the things he said in his keynote for many years and, indeed, was urging many of the points he makes there during the development of both OWL and RDF.

Clueless, fact-free potshots like this may work in the political arena but they won't work here.

Chris Menzel