Re: Restricted Metadata Inheritance by Named Graphs?

I agree with this.

You have 2 problems:

1) Express relations between graphs
   I think this is clear what it is.
   What rdf:type is graph? I would use this
   http://www.w3.org/2004/03/trix/rdfg-1/
   The relation you are looking for is "imports" and should
   have domain and range rdfg:Graph. It doesn't exist yet afaik.

2) Construction of graphs
   There should be subclasses of rdfg:Graph which would be for
   description of constructed graphs (or just one subclass
   "ConstructedGraph" which would be union of all methods used on it).
   similar to OWL (aka union, intersection, enumeration...):
   http://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-primer/#Advanced_Class_Relationships
   Such constructed graphs could be defined using SPARQL queries, but
   I wouldn't advise that, because why use another syntax, not native
   description in RDF? SPARQL could be easily generated from such
   constructed graphs, not the other way.
   Also note that description of such graphs would use terms from 1).

In fact this whole framework could be alternative to SPIN (RDF SPARQL
query vocabulary) - native RDF description of graph relationships and
operations on them.
As I was saying on #swig yesterday, this could be very useful for access
control lists (among other things).

The problem is the terms for this (not even talking about a spec.) are
not yet defined. I would like to take part in modeling such ontology and
I hope it is going to be community developed.

Best,
Jiri Prochazka