Re: [foaf-protocols] [foaf-dev] FOAF sites offline during cleanup

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 06:57:35 -0400
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
CC: Ian Davis <iand@internetalchemy.org>, Hugh Glaser <hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk>, foaf-dev Friend of a <foaf-dev@lists.foaf-project.org>, Peter Krantz <peter.krantz@gmail.com>, "foaf-protocols@lists.foaf-project.org" <foaf-protocols@lists.foaf-project.org>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, "paola.dimaio@gmail.com" <paola.dimaio@gmail.com>, Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.manchester.ac.uk>
Dan Brickley wrote:
> On 27/4/09 10:18, Ian Davis wrote:
>
>> Dan,
>>
>> Sorry to hear about the attack on your server. If there's anything I or
>> Talis can do to help, just let me know.
>>

> Thanks!
>

>> On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 9:23 PM, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org
>> <mailto:danbri@danbri.org>> wrote:
>>
>>     Thanks everyone for the concern and offers of help. It'll take a few
>>     days to figure out the best way to make the Web side of the project more
>>     helpable. In the meantime http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/ is worth
>>     some attention!
>>

>> With the lessening emphasis on RDF/XML, shouldn't we be looking at
>> signing the triples. I seem to recall a paper by Jeremy Carroll that
>> discussed this. Also, now many of us are focussed on bnode-free linked
>> data the problems of signing are much easier: serialise as ntriples,
>> sort and sign the result.
>>

> A lot of the hairyness of xmlsig comes from the transforms. I prefer
> signing something nice and concrete, whether XML, RDFa or JSON.
>
> What % of "linked data" is truly free of bnodes?

Dan,

I would safely say re. LOD Cloud somewhere north of 80% :-) And thats
primary due to the content coming from PingTheSemanticWeb, otherwise I
would say 90% and higher. The "Linked Data" meme has always encouraged
URIs for everything.

Kingsley