Re: [foaf-dev] FOAF sites offline during cleanup

From: Steve Harris <swh@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 10:02:23 +0100
Cc: foaf-protocols@lists.foaf-project.org, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
To: foaf-dev Friend of a <foaf-dev@lists.foaf-project.org>
On 27 Apr 2009, at 09:50, Ian Davis wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
> wrote:
> A lot of the hairyness of xmlsig comes from the transforms. I prefer
> signing something nice and concrete, whether XML, RDFa or JSON.
>
> What % of "linked data" is truly free of bnodes?
>
> Well, anything in the Talis Platform for a start :)
>
> I think a good proportion of the linked data created since the LOD
> project started is bnode-free. Obviously many other pre-existing
> datasets are not.

No, and not everything in the LOD world is bNode free either. With my
RDF storage hat on they're a pain, but as a content creator, they're
really handy.

Arguably some intermediate concepts in the LOD world don't need/want
stable identifiers either, but I don't really think I want to argue
that point :)

- Steve