Re: Ping the Semantic Web down?

From: Frederick Giasson <fred@fgiasson.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 09:15:36 -0400
To: martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org
Cc: semantic-web at W3C <semantic-web@w3c.org>
H Martin,

> Does anybody know why http://pingthesemanticweb.com/ is down?
>
> It seems it does not accept new resources, and the type and resource
> stats are also all showing "zero" values.
>
> I assume quite some applications are using PTSW data for controlling
> their crawlers, so this may be of general interest.

It is back online. The outcome of the issues rendered the server
notification system useless, so we haven't been noticed of the issue
(and is the reason why it has been down for a longer time than usual).
Please make sure it is back working on your side, and notice me as soon
as you notice something that is not working with the service.

Thanks,

Take care,

Fred