Re: beyond 'formal' relations: describing relations between scientific and non-scientific material

Dennis

I am  also researching relations

I have found reading about the following useful

1. lexical relations
2. OBO Foundry ontology of relations

 some excerpts from Azamats posts and other writings
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/2009-02/msg00315.html

however I am much puzzled by the fact that relations are considere as
'properties' of  class
while in my view , or as in 'entity/relationship' representatio
relations are a different primitive type (canonical class?) by  themselves,
I would be intersted in a clarification of why/how is that so

Paola

--
Paola Di Maio,
Forthcoming

i-Semantics 2009, 2 - 4 September 2009, Graz, Austria.
www.i-semantics.tugraz.at

SEMAPRO 2009, Malta
http://www.iaria.org/conferences2009/CfPSEMAPRO09.html
Mae Fah Luang Child Protection Project, Chiang Rai Thailand