Re: [Semantic_Web] Re: web to semantic web : an automated approach

Yeah, you are right about that but you have to put the current technology
into perspective here, everything is a nothing but a set of rules.

Ontologies are restrictive no doubt about that but how do you plan to
structure your rdf around, you can call an ontology a set of constraints and
classes which help the machine, understand the data in a better manner,
somewhat and they are required for a reasoner.

Ontologies merely a set of classes/concepts within a certain domain and
relationships between, sort of a tool  for reasoners to understand and
reason better.

thats what any NLP/AI tool does they have set of rules and through which
deduce/ reason, they will be restrictive as well.

So more the set of rules or more granular the ontology the less restrictive
it is and harder it is to maintain the quality.

One thing, I guess we need to understand here, all the semantics we try to
introduce, they will still be bound by certains rules/ constraints, So will
be restrictive, and also classified in some manner or another by any machine

And on top of that we have a separate problem of  "Objective information"
and "Subjective" information and whatever is in between

Thats what I mean by understanding of Scope here, may be you decide not to
use ontologies or you do, the fact that remains that a decision needs to be
made on what level of granularity you would want to go, because all of this
data on the web needs to fit into a set of rules which will always be finite
or untill we are able to come up with some kind of learning technology which
creates / understands rules by itself, like our brain does in real life.

Its possible that I might not talking gibrish here :).. i am just thinking
aloud,

Cheers

--
Rishav Rastogi