Re: reusing vocabularies / mapping withowl:equivalentClass

Not addressing performance, but more the advice question, and linkage and
re-use:

Yes, rdfs:subClassOf and rdfs:subPropertyOf seem more sensible than
owl:equivalentClass for many things, and certainly for rdfs:label sorts of
things.
If you can use owl:equivalentClass, why did you invent a new concept and not
use rdfs:label in the first place?
We find ourselves subClassing rdfs:label for many things when we use stuff
from outside, so that our human interface tools can work. It would be a
great help if providers could do that for us, and after all they are the
people who know best what is sensible.

So Thomas says he would like to see guidance such as: