RE: Query on using RDF and OWL for video search improvement

Sancho,

As already pointed out, quite some research has already been done. I guess, for a start you may want to sneak into some of the following resources and let us know in greater  detail what you're actually after:

 + Hollink et. al. Building a Visual Ontology for Video Retrieval [1]
 + Easy Semantic Markup of Video Recordings on the Web [2]
 + Raphaël Troncy. Formalization of Documentary Knowledge and Conceptual Knowledge With Ontologies: Applying to The Description of Audio-visual Documents. PhD Thesis [3]
 + Michael Hausenblas. Building Scaleable and Smart Multimedia Applications on the Semantic Web. PhD Thesis [4]

Note that this is a very subjective, unfocused selection - just to give you an idea about how broad this topic is ...

Cheers,
	Michael

[1] http://www.cs.vu.nl/~guus/papers/Hollink05b.pdf
[2] http://digitalbazaar.com/media/video