Re: [Dbpedia-announcements] ANN: DBpedia 3.2 release, including DBpedia Ontology and RDF links to Freebase

Chris Bizer wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> we for sure want to do this, but also did not want to postpone the DBpedia
> 3.2 release any further.
>
> So be ensured that the upcoming public user interface for defining the
> infobox-to-ontology mappings will include the possibility to reuse existing
> classes and properties and that external classes and properties will be used
> within the 3.3 release.
>
> Defining the infobox-to-ontology mappings that we currently have was already
> a lot of work (Anja thanks again), so please be patient with the
> mappings/reuse of external ontologies.
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris

Andreas,

Apropos Chris' comments above, it's coming.

DBpedia ontology to UMBEL ontology mapping is one of a number of
mappings that will emerge in due course. That said -- by the very nature
of this project and RDF based Linked Data in general -- anyone with a
vested interest in the ontology mapping efforts can step in and
accelerate matters. Thus, I encourage others to participate bearing in
mind DBpedia 3.2's increased compatibility with such endeavors.

Kingsley