Re: Use of Content Management Systems, ranking and usage in Semantic Web

Dear Paul,

I used http://www.cmsmatrix.org/ for a comparative review of CMSs.

The Drupal team is now working on enabling semantic web technology for its CMS and I expect to see Plone do the same thing.

It would be nice though to have a web site where one can look up the usage of semantic web in software products and services.

I have seen dozens of long checklists for issues, technologies and tool kits for the Semantic Web in the hundreds of Cfps I received through this mailing list and it should not be to difficult to build a directory site for listing entries.

What would be even better is to have an authoritative Industry Directory for Semantic Technologies, published by a science publisher, and have the same also available on a CD.

The same directory would also a brief overview of semantic web technology and standards, list agencies, professional organizations, standard organizations, industry organizations, academic and technology institutes, pure and applied research institutes, specialized magazines and publishers etc, international research and technology program etc,

Th European Union in the past published this type of directories for the Language Industry and ICT (Language Industry Atlas and IT Atlas, both by IOS Press)

Would the IEEE be willing to propose such a publication and have it endorsed by the W3C, and some other standards bodies and associations, e.g. the International Federation of Library Associations, Dublin Core Metadata Initiative, the European Union and to include the UN either/or UNESCO and FAO?

Plenty of prospective buyers for this guide, I reckon just about every large community, public or university library in the world could use at least one copy of such a guide.

Milton Ponson
GSM: +297 747 8280
Rainbow Warriors Core Foundation
PO Box 1154, Oranjestad
Aruba, Dutch Caribbean
www.rainbowwarriors.net
Project Paradigm: A structured approach to bringing the tools for sustainable development to all stakeholders worldwide
www.projectparadigm.info
NGO-Opensource: Creating ICT tools for NGOs worldwide for Project Paradigm
www.ngo-opensource.org
MetaPortal: providing online access to web sites and repositories of data and information for sustainable development
www.metaportal.info
SemanticWebSoftware, part of NGO-Opensource to enable SW technologies in the Metaportal project
www.semanticwebsoftware.org