Re: Use of Content Management Systems, ranking and usage in Semantic Web

Hi Milton,

Sw-MetaPortal-ProjectParadigm wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> In order to transition from plain vanilla web sites with run-of-the-mill
> content management systems (CMSs) to semantic web enabled sites with
> corresponding CMSs, a lot of functionality has to be added.
>
> We are trying to find out if any reports exist on the ranking and usage
> in Semantic Web context of CMSs and also if comparison tables exist,
> e.g. listing SW standards, metadata sets and other items compared for
> the CMSs and also, who are the users of such CMSs?
>
> Many non-profits are migrating to web sites with CMSs, of which Plone,
> Joomla and Drupal seem to be quite popular.
>
> But we feel that the popular ranking and usage of available CMSs does
> not necessarily reflect the ranking as per SW functionality.
>
> Another issue of particular importance for users of such sites is
> browser add-ons and plugins for semantic web technologies.
>
> Are there any reports,list, directories and comparison charts for
> currently available browsers, listing available plugins and add-ons?

Here is a listing of 30 FF semWeb-related extensions from 18
months ago I know to be substantially out of date:
http://www.mkbergman.com/?p=317

And, you can also do various filters and sorts (Javascript, for
one; PHP for many CMS-related) on the 700 Sweet Tools listing for
a more recent cut:
http://www.mkbergman.com/?page_id=325

Thanks, Mike