Re: RDF triple assertions live forever?

Alan Ruttenberg a écrit :

> A hack it is, because the reifications have no semantic implications for
> the original triple according to the RDF semantics.

anyway, RDF semantics has no immediate support for temporality (i.e. a
triple is valid at some point in time, invalid at another).

so if you want to reason with this kind of things, it *has* to be some
kind of meta-reasoning "above" classical RDF reasoning.

of course, you can decide to use RDF to do that meta-reasoning, and this
is where reification comes handy (to distinguish, in the "meta" layer,
meta-statements from "lower" statements).

so in my point of view, this is not a hack -- not in the negative sense
you seem to imply, anyway ;)

   pa