Re: [foaf-dev] Re: privacy and open data

Le 27 mars 2008 à 17:28, Story Henry a écrit :
> THIS IS WHAT I WAS HOPING TO DISCUSS IN THIS THREAD. btw.  :-) How
> do we do this? How do we identify who is looking at the data so that
> we can give them more or less information.

:)

> 1. An HTTP request for a resource return a minimal representation
> with a some HTTP header requesting the users identity
> 2. the user identifies himself using one of his foaf URLs.
>   encrypts some string and token with his private key
> 3. the server fetches the foaf file gets the public key
>   decrypts the string given in 2 with the public key
>   then it can decide if the person is allowed more access to those
> resources
>
> That is just the outline of the minimal HTTP protocol that is needed
> to create private spaces in an opend data network . This should be
> very simple to develop. More complex systems can be built on top of
> this.

yes, pretty much what I was saying here in the bottom of the emails.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2008Mar/0199

The issue here is to have systems (UI, simple configuration system) to
control the granularity of access to your information.

Facebook model is not good. It is not a one to one relationship, but
one by proxy.

--
Karl Dubost - W3C
http://www.w3.org/QA/