Re: [foaf-dev] Re: privacy and open data

On 27 Mar 2008, at 09:42, Karl Dubost wrote:

> Le 27 mars 2008 à 17:28, Story Henry a écrit :
>> On 27 Mar 2008, at 04:01, Karl Dubost wrote:
>>>
>>> Our written culture is the ossification of our identity.
>>
>> Not really. Because people can lie about you, be mistaken, be at
>> odds, have different interpretations of the same circumstances. etc.
>
> Next time, you go to an administration and fill a form, try to say
> that your name is "John Poem" ;)

Notice that they do keep the paper you gave them, and the signature
they extracted from you very carefully. If they did not you could get
them to retract that information. That is they need that to defend
their use of that information. That is trusted a lot because there are
many channels for disputing what they have in their databases.

Not so with all information on the web.

Henry

Home page: http://bblfish.net/