AW: Domain model wiki tool?

in addition to the SemanticMediaWiki (which is probably the most mature and
surely the best known and most widely used) there are a number of other
Semantic Wikis, such as IkeWiki[1], PlatypusWiki[2], OntoWiki[3] or - still
very much in development but nice looking -  myOntology[4]. Freebase[5] is a
commercial service going in a similar direction. From your short description
about the kind of tool you are looking for, i think that OntoWiki most
closely matches that.

There are also other tools that are not so closely modeled after the
traditional wiki-UI, that also support web-based collaborative creation of
domain models. The soboleo[6] system for example allows the collaborative
creation of SKOS taxonomies and has a realtime-collaborative ajax editor to
support building the taxonomy. The ImageNotion[7] system supports the
end-user driven creation of domain models for image annotation and
retrieval.

cu

valentin

[1]: http://ikewiki.salzburgresearch.at/
[2]: http://platypuswiki.sourceforge.net/
[3]: http://aksw.org/Projects/OntoWiki
[4]: http://www.myontology.org/
[5]: http://www.freebase.com/
[6]: http://www.soboleo.com/
[7]: http://www.imagenotion.com/

--
email: zacharias@fzi.de
phone: +49-721-9654-806

FZI  Forschungszentrum Informatik an der Universität Karlsruhe (TH)
Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, 76131 Deutschland, http://www.fzi.de
SdbR, Az: 14-0563.1 Regierungspräsidium Karlsruhe