Re: Ontologies with standard behavior of an information domain

Thanks Zille. A few other languages you may enjoy checking out with a
brief description of each are as follows:

1. Common Logic (CL) - Has a strongly committed community of
practitioners, as folks heard from Pat Hayes, Chris Menzel and John Sowa
at the recent SemTech conference in Dan Diego;

2. Knowledge Interchange Format (KIF) - A CL dialect with a strong
history at Stanford and SRI

3. OBJ - An algebraic specification language developed by Jospeh Goguen

4. Common Algebraic Specification Language (CASL) - Another algebraic
specification language from a European Community

5. Maude - Has a focus on term rewriting and seems to have some traction
at SRI

6. Metaslang - A functional language from a small company near Stanford
called Kestrel that was used to prove the consistency of OWL.

Feel free to ask more questions about these languages as I have at least
a little time into most, but I suspect we should do that off-list as
folks here would probably not want to detract from discussion of RDF/OWL
languages.

Also, I received an off-line note regarding the source material for the
ontology based on Peirce's "On a New List of Categories." Folks can find
the Peirce manuscript here ...

http://www.peirce.org/writings/p32.html

--
Best Wishes,