Re: Ordnance Survey data as Linked Data (RE: How do you deprecate URIs? Re: OWL-DL and linked data)

Afraz Jaffri wrote:
> Sorry, the link i gave was to the HTML description,the URI of the
> resource is
>
> http://os.rkbexplorer.com/id/osr7000000000017765
> then:
> [aoj04r@cohen ~]$ curl -I -H "Accept: application/rdf+xml" http://os.
> rkbexplorer.com/id/osr7000000000017765
> HTTP/1.1 303 See Other
> Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 10:44:10 GMT
> Server: Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat)
>
> Afraz.

Afraz,

Yes, but it is also good practice to link the HTML description with the
RDF representation of the description. This enables the RDF discovery to
start from the HTML description.

This is all that is required:
 <link rel="alternate"  type="application/rdf+xml"
href="http://os.rkbexplorer.com/data/osr7000000000017765" />

Of course you can also use RDFa to similar effect by making a seeAlso claim.

Kingsley

Kingsley Idehen       Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen
President & CEO