Re: No access to FOAF namespace and project homepage

Carstens, Carola wrote:
> I just tried to access the foaf project hompage and the foaf namespace,
> which resulted in a 404 Not Found error for the namespace and the
> message that the project homepage is temporarily unavailable.
> Does anyone know when these two resources will be accessible again?
>
> Best regards
> Carola

Hi there!

Sorry maybe I should have dropped semantic-web@w3.org a note too; I only
just noticed this message.  It should all be working again now.

Yes we down for a portion of a day last week, thanks to the hosting site
switching IP addresses without warning. Details here:
http://lists.foaf-project.org/pipermail/foaf-dev/2008-July/009242.html

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

In general we've had pretty good uptime, and I'd like to keep things
that way. Can anyone recommend a service that checks Web pages are up
and matching some specified condition, and that can send SMS text
messages if the tests are failing?

cheers,

Dan

--