Re: [semantic-web] <none>

M. David Peterson wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:59:54 -0700, John Milton
> <swdemon1981@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Very interesting business to  claim something as a standard two
>> years, three months and 17 days after someone else gets ownership.
>
> Which would be about 10 years *after* SGML -- of which XML is a subset
> -- was standardized (invented many years before that, but if we're
> focusing on legal timestamps then lets focus on legal timestamps.
And RDF is basically semantic networks with a formal semantics....and
that goes back to the 1970s and Marvin Minsky. Congrats to everyone in
the SemWeb community for sticking through all this time, it looks like
to me with DataPortability.org that a lot of people are "grokking" the
SemWeb vision.

--
  -harry

Harry Halpin,  University of Edinburgh