Re: weighted roles and distance in description logic

Yes of course it is a good starting point. But i think

that it is not enough, because using this raw values

(a) we cannot retrieve significant information using
standard inferences(like subsumption, satisfiability,
etc...)

(b) it is hard to compare two distances that uses
different unit measueres(in our exaple miles with km).

So i was thinking to define "a priori" some distance
classes(like for example "Near" and "Far") and, in a
preprocessing phase, assert that a distance belongs to
 one(or more) of such classes.

I wonder if there is some theoretical study that
explore this problem.

Thank you Matt.

Cristiano Longo
--- Matt Williams <matthew.williams@cancer.org.uk> ha